I am hosting my own challenge and this was the BIG surprise. It was to be like a recipe challenge where I gave you step by step instructions to make a card. There is no right or wrong way to do it but I thought it would be kind of neat. I had scraplifted this idea from another forum that I seen this on. So without further adieu, I will now give the instructions here that I had posted on the live session. There is a bunch of bonus points that if you do you will get points and the one with the most will win a special prize from me. I won't post my card until after the deadline. I want to see how you all interpret the instructions. If you have any questions, please ask. The bonus points will be in red for you to see.
Here we go:
1. Cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of cardstock.....no patterned paper.
2. Ink distress edges in same color as cardstock in #1.
3. Cut a 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of patterned paper- must have color of base of cardstock from #1 in the patterned paper. Paste on right hand side of paper. Leave a 1/4 inch space approximately from the right side. Ink distress the edges of the patterned paper with the same color as in step #2 before mounting the patterned paper.
4. Stamp an image onto white (or similiar to) cardstock with black ink (or similiar to). No specific size of paper for this. BONUS point: put a saying beside the image on the same cardstock as your image.
5. Ink distress the cardstock with the image to a coordinating second cardstock that you will mount your image to. The mounting cardstock can be any color you want. Ink distress the mounting cardstock in the same color too.
6. Color your image with any type of medium....for example, pencil crayons, markers, etc.
7. Attach ribbon across the bottom of the card. This color of the ribbon should match the cardstock from step #5. BONUS point: attach a bow or knot to the ribbon for another point.
8. Attach 3 buttons in the same color family as ribbon to both the top left and right corner for a total of 6 buttons.
9. Add some sort of bling on the card anywhere you want.
Voila! All done.
So if you have done the 2 bonuses above plus the ones below, then you'll get points towards winning a prize. Should there be more than 1 with the same prize I'll pick a prize for the one that I randomly draw. Here's the 3 other bonuses.
A) Bonus for being in the chat room on Sept 7th.
B)Upload your image here
C)For commenting on other's pictures of their cards that are posted.
Good luck and have fun!